Thursday, January 10, 2013

Redeem Your Time

Redeem Your Time was what I was thinking about.....day after day after day.  Laying in a hospital bed for a month and a half......sometimes trying to figure out where the time had gone.....but constantly thinking about that phrase.  Redeem Your Time!!!!

See when I ended up in the hospital....it was a killer to lay there and think of my financial world crumbling around me while I sat there helpless.  And you know....if I lost everything and was living off the land in the woods....it wouldn't be so bad.

What was bad....was looking at my wife everyday and seeing the stress in her eyes.  We were losing everything and.....even though at times I didn't even realize it.....she was losing me.

You see when I was almost getting ready to leave the hospital, I ended up going into septic shock and was on life support for 8 days and in a coma.  I remember waking up and the nurse asking me "Dave.....do you think you can breathe now"?

What kind of dumb question was that?  Well that's what I was thinking anyway.  And then about 10 minutes later she removed the breathing tube....which I couldn't figure out how it got in there.  But then she was asking me some really dumb questions.  LOL....I guess they were trying to determine if my brain was fried and if so....how badly fried.

But she asked me the date.  And I thought....ha...I can cheat on this one.  So I looked at the foot of the bed where the white board was because they also put the date on it.  It helps us patients out, because you lose track of time.

So I looked at the number of the day and answered her.  Then she said "that's good Dave....but what month is it"?  Well it's May!

And then she said, no it's June!

Wow....... you have no idea how that can mess with your head!  You go to sleep in May.....and wake up over a week later......that is messed up!!!

For days I laid in my bed thinking about time and how badly I had wasted the most precious commodity that we humans have.

I started thinking of my business, my career.  How many hours of overtime I had worked when I could have spent that time with my family.  Man did I mess Up!!!!

Well fast forward to today and it's 8:17 AM and I am almost done working for the day.  You know....my wife just left for a while....I may just work some double time today and work til noon.  But that's it.....I have to draw the line and get back to LIFE.

I have to redeem the time.....because you only get so much of it.

You see, I am a blogger now.  1 or 2 hours a day...and I am done.  And maybe if I get a day like today, well I may even go full bore and work 4 hours.

This is a funny thing about time.  There are all sorts of ways to waste it.  Sure we work and we toil every day because that is what we are taught is normal.  And then if we lose that job.....we struggle SO hard to get back into that life style.  We crave it!

But what happened to me.....MADE me think about time.  It made me seek a different way.  And I am not a genius....it was thrust onto me and people hear my story and they practically shiver....thinking about what if that happened to them.

But it ended up being a blessing because I had months and months of being in time prison.....trying to figure a way out of what is normal?  Is there a better way?

And now I found it!  Everyone will tell you that you cannot make a living working one or two hours a day.  And then if you told them that once it get's going.....you may not ever be able to stop it because all those post's and pages are out there on the internet.

But I am here to tell you that there are better ways to skin that cat.  And being a blogger was my answer!

And I know that you can do it too!  Are you passionate about anything?  A hobby, an old career?  Can you teach people some of your expertise?

Can you share an opinion?  Well then you can be a blogger!  And if you want to make money at it, well then you can be a blogger.biz!!!

You can read more here at Be a Blogger but first I have a treat for you.  Here is a video about what my career was about.  I used to help the ultra wealthy redeem their time with time machines, also known as corporate or private jets.

Anyway, it sparked my memory about redeeming your time.  And I think you will see, there are more ways to skin a cat....or get out of life what you want from it.

But seriously....how can you beat working 1 or 2 hours a day?

Enjoy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment